I finished my 3rd virtual race yesterday. I participated in the Run Strong/Think Big 5k. The “race” was hosted by Running While Mommy and benefited Team in Training (TNT) a great cause and a great reason to get my butt off the couch. Unfortunately my run was done on the treadmill (thank goodness it was only a 5k) I had hoped to run it outside but I was awaiting a phone call from the Boy Scouts regarding what time to pick up my son. I had tried to talk my other two kids into riding and rolling along with me before 10am, but alas they were not going for it. And as luck would have it as soon as I picked my oldest up, we got a thunderstorm. Oh well, I got it done and felt great especially after this weeks running hiatus.
***Psst……Coming Soon!!! ****
***Be on the lookout for a Run Rind your Happy Pace along with Running In Sanity’s VIRTUAL RACE ……benefiting Team in Training! ***
But why are virtual races so great? Here are some of MY top reasons.
1)Most can be run at the date/time (usually within a the month/week of the virtual race) of your choosing, big bonus for Mom’s, wives of deployed spouses, 2nd and 3rd shifter, etc.
2) There are no packet pick ups…again great for all of the above.
3) They usually benefit great charities from Team in Training to animals and everything in between.
4) Many virtual races now include “BLING” and I am a HUGE sucker for Bling. 😉
5) No travel time or travel $$. You walk out your door or go to YOUR favorite running spot and you are at the race! Don’t get me wrong destination races are a blast but I can’t afford one every month!
6) Its you against you, or your friends. No pressure, it’s just “you” time or some nice “Sole Sister” time.
7) The are fairly inexpensive. I have participated in ones ranging from $11 – $25…including the bling.
I have two more virtuals coming up soon. The Barking Mad at Breast Cancer 10K which I am running in honor of my mother and aunt who are both breast cancer survivors..GO MOM!! And the Run With All your Heart (run/walk) virtual which is in honor of Sarah Hart, a mother of three who was tragically killed while out for a run. Two great charities.
So feel free to click on the links to find out more about these two races. You can also request to join “Virtual Runs” group on Facebook, let them know “Run Find your Happy Pace” sent you. They are listing information about virtual races on one easy page.
So get out there and run a Virtual Race and remember to Run Find your Happy Pace!!